Straining creates a type of internal tension that sabotages the results you want to achieve. This is true in your body and also true in your life.
There is no known direct cause of high blood pressure - HBP, also known as hypertension. Rather, it can result from one or more factors including diet, lack of exercise, genetics, prolonged stress and lifestyle choices as well as from other medical conditions such as diabetes. Participate in this workshop and find out how Svaroopa(R) Yoga and Meditation can contribute to lowering HBP over time, with consistent practice.
- Yoga is a wholistic practice that helps the body to regain equilibrium.
- Yoga reduces muscle tension that can restrict circulation.
- Yoga improves the functioning of the nervous system that controls the opening and closing of arteries.
- Yogic breathing practice mitigates the harmful effects of stress.
- Meditation quiets the mind and calms the emotions and more....
The workshop consists of 3 hours of yoga asana (poses) including breathing practice and periods of relaxation. After a pause, you will be introduced to "a taste of meditation" . You will leave the workshop with both a yoga pose sequence and way of meditating that you can continue at home.
Please use the contact form below to reserve one of 10 places. The fee is $40, payable on the day of the workshop. No previous experience with yoga or meditation is necessary. However, if you have any reservations about your participation, please contact me to discuss your concern.