Expand Your Capacity for JOY
Yoga & Meditation Weekend Workshop
March 25th & 26th, 2017 from 9:30 to 4:30pm
Wakefield-La Peche Community Center
Who wouldn't want more joy, more vitality more laughter in life? Yoga says that joy doesn't come from the outside; it's "stored" inside. In this workshop, unlock the treasure chest of joy inside and allow it to spill over into your life. During the workshop:
- Experience how heart-opening yoga poses release tensions to access joyfulness.
- Learn a breathing practice to enhance prana, your life energy.
- Feel the effect of chanting and meditation on clearing mental obstacles and expanding light-heartedness and delight.
- Gain insight into your beliefs about joy through self-inquiry and journaling.
- Hear about Yoga teachings that explain how joy magnifies automatically with yoga practices.
You'll leave the workshop knowing how to expand your own capacity for joy.
Each half-day session includes a yoga asana class (poses) to open the ribcage and space around the heart plus assistance for sitting for meditation and chanting to draw you inward. Lunch breaks give you an opportunity to bring food to enjoy in the lovely foyer of the Center or to visit one of the nearby restaurants in Wakefield Village - some within walking distance. There is lots of free parking.
I would love to offer you this intensive yoga experience with care and compassion. I am a certified Svaroopa(R) Yoga & Meditation Teacher with many years of experience. For more information on my yoga background, click the button on the right.
Registration - the fee for the weekend is $150 . A cheque post-dated for March 15 is necessary to reserve your place. Use the contact form below to let me know you want to register and I'll send you my address.